In my previous post, I introduced ConstitutionCafe. I would enjoy hearing your thoughts concerning these questions.
- If you could add any amendment to the Constitution, what right would it give Americans?
- The First Amendment states, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” When schools prohibit prayer in school, does this prohibit free exercise of religion?
- Should the Constitution include an amendment specifying official political parties?
- Should amendments have expiration dates in order to force Americans to review their rights?
- The Third Amendment states. “No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.” This amendment was written in response to the British forcing the Colonists to house soldiers at the time of the American Revolution. Is this amendment still necessary?
- Does the Constitution apply to illegal immigrants?
- Men wrote the Constitution. How would the Constitution be different if women wrote it?
In the spirit of respectful debate, please share your thoughts with me.